Development Application Form
Please complete a Development Application Form (PDF) and submit to the Development Services and Engineering Department if you are seeking approval for any of the following:
- Board of Variance
- Development Permit (Major - greater than 50 square metres)
- Development Permit (Minor - less than 50 square metres)
- Development Variance Permit
- Heritage Alteration Permit
- Land Use Regulation Bylaw (Zoning) Amendment
- Liquor License
- Cannabis Retail Store (once an application has already been received and processed by the Province)
- Official Community Plan Bylaw Amendment
- Road Closure
- Temporary Commercial or Industrial Use Permits
Signage, Facade Changes, Awning & Murals
For information and the application form related to signage, facade changes, awnings and murals, please click here.
Applications can be hand delivered, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at the second floor of City Hall. Electronic copies may be submitted in PDF format by email to Development Services.
Applicants are encouraged to complete a Sustainability Checklist (PDF) when applying for Amendments to the Land Use Regulation Bylaw, Amendments to the OCP, Major or Minor Development Permit, Development Variance Permit or Preliminary Layout Approval of Subdivision.
Notice of Development
For those applications which require a Notice of Development Sign, please refer to Schedule 1 of the Land Development Applications Procedures Bylaw.
Applicants must contact Nelson Hydro for confirmation on electrical servicing requirements.