Development Application Form
Please complete a Development Application Form (PDF) and submit to the Development Services and Engineering Department if you are seeking approval for any of the following:
- Board of Variance
- Development Permit (Major - greater than 50 square metres)
- Development Permit (Minor - less than 50 square metres)
- Development Variance Permit
- Heritage Alteration Permit
- Land Use Regulation Bylaw (Zoning) Amendment
- Liquor License
- Cannabis Retail Store (once an application has already been received and processed by the Province)
- Official Community Plan Bylaw Amendment
- Road Closure
- Temporary Commercial or Industrial Use Permits
Signage, Facade Changes, Awning & Murals
For information and the application form related to signage, facade changes, awnings and murals, please click here.
Applications can be hand delivered, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at the second floor of City Hall. Electronic copies may be submitted in PDF format by email to Development Services.
Applicants are encouraged to complete a Sustainability Checklist (PDF).
Notice of Development
For those applications which require a Notice of Development Sign, please refer to Schedule 1 of the Land Development Applications Procedures Bylaw.
Applicants must contact Nelson Hydro for confirmation on electrical servicing requirements.