EVERYONE is invited to attend Law Day Celebration at the Nelson Courthouse. There will be a number of educational activities and fun to be had by all.
Things to do:
- TOUR the Courthouse and the jail cells with the Sheriffs
- LEARN from Bylaw, Court Clerks, Conservation Officers, Law Enforcement, Lawyers, Sheriffs, Victims Assistance and Restorative Justice.
- ENTER the COLOURING CONTEST for primary aged children and an ESSAY CONTEST for youth in Middle School and High School. For this year’s topic we are looking for a one page essay about how you view drugs and their effect on our community. Prizes to be won!
- WATCH a mock trial, take part in a Bail Hearing, meet the Police Dog, or listen to Forensic Identification and Drug Recognition experts.
- ENJOY refreshments and treats!
For questions or if you would like further information, please contact the nelson Court Registry at: 250-354-6165